The Giving Machine allows you to raise funds for our school simply by going to your favourite shopping sites via the Giving Machine web site. It will not cost you anything extra – for every purchase you make, the retailers will give a percentage donation to the school – it is that simple!
To use the Giving Machine, just follow these simple steps:
- Go to http://www.thegivingmachine.co.uk
- Register: you just need an e-mail address, that’s all!
- Click on find a cause and type Cardwell Primary School in the search box
- Then every time you shop, simply go to http://www.thegivingmachine.co.uk
- You will see over 700 retailers listed including:
and many more!
- Click on the company you want to buy from and shop as normal. The retailer will then donate a percentage of what you spend to our school.
Whether you are buying food shopping, clothes or presents, everything you spend will generate a donation to our school at no extra cost.
Please spread the word to your friends and family! Everyone can help raise funds for our school.
- When making a purchase through the Giving Machine, make sure that all the items in your basket have been added by going to the retailer’s web site via the Giving Machine. If you have previously added some items into your basket by going directly to the retailers, and then go through the Giving Machine at a later date to complete your purchase, these items will not be taken into account when calculating the donation to the school.
Raising money for charities
We have organised or taken part in events to raise money for the following causes:
- Save the Children - Christmas Jumper Day
- UK's major children's hospital - Readathon
- Children in Need - Pyjama Day
- Comic Relief - Sponsored Bounce
- Macmillan Cancer Support - Coffee Afternoon
- The British Red Cross - Make your Move Dance Competition
- Heart 4 More Foundation - Football tournament
- Inspired through Sport - Fitness circuit
- Post Pals - Wear purple day