We have been reading the story 'Owl Babies' by Martin Waddell. Looking at the reactions of the Owl Babies was a good route into discussing the children's own feelings.
- How do the Owl Babies feel when they realise that their Owl Mother is gone?
- What do the Owl Babies do to help them feel better?
- If you are worried what can you do to feel better?
- Are you afraid of anything?
- If you are afraid what can you do to feel better?
We particularly enjoyed creating our own owl as we discussed aspects of the story.
We have enjoyed imagining what it is like to travel to different places and what people would experience when they are there.